WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Monday, May 28, 2012

From Kathmandu to Lukla

I'm set to leave today from the capital of Kathmandu to Lukla.  I'm not quite sure how my internet situation is going to be when I get there, so I've pre-scheduled a few things to post for you in the meantime.

Lukla is one of the most dangerous airports in the world, with the runway on a 12% grade - built into the side of a Himalayan peak. I'm sure I'll come out alive, though. There are 60-70 flights in and out of there per day!
Everyone who climbs Mt Everest from the Nepal side starts in Lukla.

It was confirmed the other day that - by at least one account - Kathmandu is the most polluted city in the world.  I'm so ready to be up in the mountains with clean air!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to send any photos yet. I promise I'm working on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.