WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Trek to Everest Base Camp - Part V

 
 
I think we walked straight up onto the moon!
 
 
 
Every day holds new challenges, new views, and surprises around every
turn.
glacier pools - we're nearing base camp!
down below: Gorak Shep, 5100 m and 2.5 hours beyond that...Base Camp!
 
After hiking all morning, we stop in Gorak Shep to eat lunch and settle into our
rooms, then set off for Base Camp. I was lucky to have absolutely no problems
with hiking at altitude, but I lost two nights of sleep since I felt like I was
suffocating every time I closed my eyes. I just couldn't catch my breath!
By the time we reached Gorak Shep on Day 7, I was so exhausted! At this point
running solely on adrenaline.
 
 
 
Base camp! We made it!! Showing a little school pride here with our
guide, Dzangbu.
Looking out over the glaciers at Base Camp. Everest is hidden in the clouds.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.